Brandon Timothy's Fan Box

Monday, September 21, 2009

A HOW TO OF INTEREST: Creating Social Media Protocols for Non-Profits


THIS IS PART ONE (I think):



I am taking the scientific approach on this one. My HYPOTHESIS is that if I can sample enough Social Media policies from respectable organizations, I can piece together a pretty solid document for my organization to abide by. I have been conducting a little EXPERIMENT and have been sampling the practices and experiences of some of my peers. My OBSERVATION is that without proper guidance, people will make their own rules and do their own thing. This is sometimes fine if these individuals aren't working toward a common goal. As it turns out, most organizations actually are working toward a common goal so guidance is actually needed. My CONCLUSION therefore, is this: every organization (large and small) should make making a Social Media Policies document a priority. Without one your people will make up their own rules and anarchy will ensue.

Here are some useful links on various topics around Corporate Social Media Policies . . . from some of the respectable organizations that I mentioned.

CISCO

RIGHT NOW

GOVERNMENT

WORKPLACE FAIRNESS

INTEL

No comments:

About Me

My photo
entrepreneur, writer, counselor, gamer, musician, hustler, bookworm, lyricist, engineer, salesman, friend, athlete, dreamer . . .