Brandon Timothy's Fan Box

Monday, May 26, 2008

Casabuilders Trip

5/25/2008

Living

So this past weekend I went to Tijuana to the 'Cuidad de Angeles' orphanage to help build a house for a family in need. The Lord richly blessed my time there, as I was able to build by day and then play with the kids back at the orphanage by night. I had forgotten how much I love children and am glad that this opportunity helped to rekindle that side of me.

Loving
Not sure what to write under this one but my desire to love the Lord grows when I am able to participate in experiences like this. Being able to see and feel the need in an area like Tijuana just makes me appreciate the life that I live up here in seeming luxury. Denying my flesh and being obedient is the love that I am trying to learn at the moment. Saying no to self is the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

Learning
On the drive down to Tijuana and back up from there, I was inspired to continue to pursue higher education by my new friend Luis. He gave advice and encouragement about going into an MBA program and shared a little of his life experiences personally and professionally. Also, the trip allowed me to try out my Spanish (which I don't often get the opportunity to do). Mi espanol es muy muy poquito. Hopefully in the future I will continue to be able to sharpen this communication skill.


well that's all for now . . . until next time keep on

Living

Loving

Learning

;o)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
entrepreneur, writer, counselor, gamer, musician, hustler, bookworm, lyricist, engineer, salesman, friend, athlete, dreamer . . .