Brandon Timothy's Fan Box

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Interesting Lil Tidbit

I been away a long time . . . and for good reason . . . I've been busy, but here's an interesting little tidbit of information that I read in a 20-page letter that Bill Gates wrote about his foundation's work.

One of the key things these schools have done is help their teachers be more effective in the classroom. It is amazing how big a difference a great teacher makes versus an ineffective one. Research shows that there is only half as much variation in student achievement between schools as there is among classrooms in the same school. If you want your child to get the best education possible, it is actually more important to get him assigned to a great teacher than to a great school.

As I continue towards my career in education, I'll keep this in mind.

Live.Love.Learn.


1 comment:

Shae Mechelle said...

career in education? hmmm....i can only imagine!

About Me

My photo
entrepreneur, writer, counselor, gamer, musician, hustler, bookworm, lyricist, engineer, salesman, friend, athlete, dreamer . . .