Brandon Timothy's Fan Box

Friday, August 1, 2008

B.Middleton's August Update

Whassup Party People (and other people),

LIVING

It's been a long time since I've blogged and there has been so much that's gone on, that I am compelled to let it spill out. First and foremost, Batman: The Dark Knight . . . moment of silence for the best movie of the summer so far. I've lately been watching a lot of movies and finding that I'm falling in love with cleverly written parts for characters. I'm a moderately witty dude and I find that a lot of my laughs come from people who are able to articulate wit in creative ways.

Barack-mania has become a global phenomenon . . . he's gone on his world tour and it is apparent that the rest of the world would appreciate him in the Oval Office a little more than it would Mr. McCain. We'll wait until November to see what happens.

LOVING

Monster Diversity Leadership Programs (www.monsterdlp.com) have been in full effect since late June, and I've had the privilege to be on staff for San Francisco DLP, Chicago DLP, and Philadelphia DLP so far . . . three down and one to go. It is refreshing and rejuvinating for my heart and soul to see young people who are making it and I thank God for this program which has served as a bridge for me and them to connect. The people I work with are also awesome, serving up lots of love and laughs every time we interact. RAVE family, I love you . . . (www.raveseminars.com).

I'm still on my quest to finish Godel, Escher, Bach by Doug Hofstadter (Godel, Escher, Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid) . . . this is by far one of the most thought-provoking books that I've read in a while (I guess that's why it won a Pullitzer Prize). It is giving me a new respect for the worlds of Mathematics, Art, and Music and the connection between the three disciplines. Check it out if you get a chance.

LEARNING

Another book that I've picked up very recently is called Microtrends by Mark Penn (http://www.microtrending.com). This has also turned out to be an interesting read as it has helped me to realize the very many unique niches that exist here in America. These niches of people have their own culture and way of doing things that contribute to the diversity of this nation, but can also be exploited to produce revenue for oneself (or myself). So I would recommend this one as well for all of you readers out there.

Last but not least there is Kevin Carroll's second book titled, "What's your Red Rubber Ball?" . . . a very imaginative, fun, and read book that helps individuals to identify their passion and to begin to chase that passion for the duration of their lives. Kevin is a friend and awesome speaker who has helped to shift some of my thinking, so when you get a minute check him out too . . . (www.kevincarrollkatalyst.com) . . . you'll be glad you did, I promise.

So that's pretty much all that's going down with me at the moment. I will be getting ready to go into study mode to knock out the next set of Cisco Certification Exams . . . pray that that goes well for me and I'll be praying for y'all too.

Check back w/ you soon,

mr. live love learn

No comments:

About Me

My photo
entrepreneur, writer, counselor, gamer, musician, hustler, bookworm, lyricist, engineer, salesman, friend, athlete, dreamer . . .